Printer System Error Layer 1

Support for UP Plus and UP Plus 2. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]
justin_oto

Printer System Error Layer 1

Postby justin_oto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

Hi,
Our printer has stopped working and now gives error message ‘Printer System Error Layer 1’
I get the exact same symptoms as mentioned in the forum here: http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=764

We’ve tried:
Powering down and up the printer (including overnight)
Disconnecting/reconnecting the printer USB connection
Reinstalling printer driver

Model: UP! Plus
ROM: V6.041
Firmware: V2.00
Software: UP! 1.18

Any other ideas, or is it likely to be CPU board?
Price for the CPU board is almost the same as for a new printer :shock:

wackojacko

Re: Printer System Error Layer 1

Postby wackojacko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

If you can start a print and then once spooled switch over to the UP inspector software and screen shot the result here, that might give us more information.
Bruce

Have you seen my new Kickstarter project? Bunker : A Smart Filament Storage System
[bhttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/filamentbunker/bunker-your-3d-printers-perfect-companion[/b]

amarler

Postby amarler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 pm

i also have this message.

I'm trying to set the printer up so havent used the printer at all yet.

it appeared after i solved the driver issue

any help on what i can do as i can't follow the next part of the manual???

threeblues101

Postby threeblues101 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 am

I had this same issue, and was pretty upset seeing people posting they changed the CPU and it fixed the problem (1,400 CPU Price)..
My printer started printing a little offset from the raft and the actual part were not lining up anymore. I stopped a print because of this. Reloaded the program and it gave me this error when linked "error layer 1" and would not properly initialize. I moved the print head a bit and noticed it felt a little loose in its linear motion. Pushed it to the home position than it properly finished initializing. I opened it up and found the drive belt came off the motor gear, re-set the belt and gear, wahllahh .. Back to normal..

threeblues101

Postby threeblues101 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 pm

I had this same issue, and was pretty upset seeing people posting they changed the CPU and it fixed the problem (1,400 CPU Price)..
My printer started printing a little offset from the raft and the actual part were not lining up anymore. I stopped a print because of this. Reloaded the program and it gave me this error when linked "error layer 1" and would not properly initialize. I moved the print head a bit and noticed it felt a little loose in its linear motion. Pushed it to the home position than it properly finished initializing. I opened it up and found the drive belt came off the motor gear, re-set the belt and gear, wahllahh .. Back to normal..[/quote]

ismails

Postby ismails » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 am

following of its error functions a handle to a printer to identify the desired Printer. it is handle to obtained from the Open Printer function.

Return to “UP Plus”